Joey and I are expecting our first baby. We told our families when we stopped in Utah after moving from Austin in August. We gave them each a baby cupcake with a candle on it representing the number of grandchild our baby would be in the family. This will be #5 in the Hatch family and #4 in the Worthen family. It was so fun to have a big secret and see the surprise on everyone's face when we told them. No one expected a thing! Joey and I had just run a marathon, well, the "Town Lake 27", the week before (I was 11 weeks pregnant). That kept anyone from suspecting.
"TOWN LAKE 27"!
Preparing for a marathon was quite an adventure being pregnant. We started before we knew we were pregnant and let me tell you that after all our 10+ mile runs I made sure we headed straight to Taco Cabana for some breakfast tacos!!! It was a fun tradition for Joey and I :) I love love love that Joey trained with me and ran with me, even when we had to slow down the pace to make sure that I kept my heart rate below 140. He is the sweetest husband ever. I would not have run the 27 miles without his encouragement. (He even tickled my back when I was throwing up on one of our training runs.) The best memories of training for this run with Joey is all the times, morning and night, that we would jump in freezing Barton Springs afterward in our running clothes. It was so fun with him. We already miss Austin Texas like crazy. What a good time we had there for 1 1/2 years.


1 comment:

Jewelia Eagar said...

Congrats! so you say you were surprised? I take it that this was not planned? How exciting...can't wait to see what comes for you guys!