Joey-Natalie-Slade-Naomi



No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

LIVING IN SOUTH CAROLINA

LIVING IN SOUTH CAROLINA
The Palmetto Moon

Southern Shrimp & Grits

Southern Shrimp & Grits
Joey makes them the best!

We live in the land of Okra

We live in the land of Okra

Our New Tease

Our New Tease
Czy kiedys bedzimy?!

Its been a while but we are diving back into the school books!

G O A L !!!!!

G  O  A  L  !!!!!
Joey's header against Baltimore playing for the Richmond Kickers

Firefly

Firefly

"Beautiful Like the Darkness Between Fireflies"

Every evening on Richmond's boulevard, our front yard, between the hours of 7:oopm & 8:30pm, the sidewalks are filled with the magical glow of fireflies. There are so many that it is almost as if walking in a fairy-tale. Joey and I try to go on a walk every night at this time and we just watch and enjoy the glow. It is fascinating. I feel like a child again. Last night we were sitting on the couch and Joey caught my eyes following a flying bug. Joey assured me it was just a moth, when suddenly it lit up and glowed! It was a firefly in our house! It must be good luck. 


GOALS - I thought it would be fun to share some of mine and Joey's goals:

GOALS - I thought it would be fun to share some of mine and Joey's goals:
I want to find my own pearl deep in the ocean in an unsuspecting oyster.

I want to start my own charity. The details are already planned.

I want to learn to play the cello. It is my favorite stringed instrument.

JOEY'S GOALS

JOEY'S GOALS
Ride a bull for 8 seconds

Climb Mt Everest

Travel the World

About Me

My photo
Worthen Family!
Joey & I met through friends when he was in Salt Lake City playing soccer there. After he took me on our first date to the Jazz game we hardly missed a day spent together and it has been the most fun and best adventure of our lives! We are living in Columbia South Carolina. We miss all of our family and friends and love how they enrich our lives.
View my complete profile

What do Joey & Natalie do for fun?

  • They go to USC soccer, football, & baseball games and tennis matches
  • They laugh at everything Slade does
  • They play with Slade and Naomi
  • They enjoy hawaiian flavored sno cones
  • They like to read together on the boat dock on the river
  • Favorite shows are Parenthood and Modern Family
  • They love going out on the BOAT!
  • They play games together but Joey can't stand losing
  • They love to COOK together (recently made coconut curry massaman)
  • They love to TRAVEL!


WHALES!

WHALES!
I love whales. Why? Christmas 2006 we woke up to sunshine and glassy water on the west side of Maui. I don't even remember opening presents that morning. We were out on the boat as a family and ready for a Christmas packed with tropical adventure. I was wakeboarding when I noticed that everyone on the boat had become disinterested in me and were anxiously looking to my left. They signaled that they were going to drop me. I thought I was left for the sharks and was less than calm until finally they turned to pick me up. It was a family of whales they had spotted. We watched as they sun bathed on the surface, a mother, a calf, and an escort. I think it was my dad who jumped in the water first. Then several of my siblings followed with their snorkles and soon the adrenaline was pumping as we were swimming with the whales! We were screaming and scared and so excited. I have never experienced anything more thrilling. The calf kept trying to swim closer to us, and he was easily bigger than a car! At one point the escort was about 30 feet under us and we starred him in the eye. You could see every detail. Breathless is the only word to describe it.

Family and Friends

  • Aarika & Rob
  • Alise & Chris
  • Alise Allen
  • Angie Webb
  • Ashley and Kory
  • Beave & Lacey
  • Dad and Mom
  • Darrick & Kellie
  • Darrick & Kellie in Africa
  • Gina and Ben
  • Heather and Jake
  • Hillary & Brian
  • Ice and Amanda
  • Jen Bradshaw
  • Jene and Paul
  • Josh and Dianna Barton
  • Julie & Clay
  • Kass & Craig
  • Katie Grimm
  • Kjell and Jonathan
  • Kylie
  • Mady & Shawn
  • Malissa San Fillipo
  • Nichole
  • Nicole and Weston
  • Noell & Steven
  • Sara & Rog
  • Suz and Jonny
  • Tiffany and Scott

My family lived on Maui for 7 years and I am completely, "head-over-heels" in love with that island.
Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.